Sunday, July 12, 2009

Anyone have sound & music programming advice for a beginner?

I want to basically create a customized tone generator set %26amp; sequencer that I can then use to create some music I've written. I guess it would just be a simple synthesizer, but using actual numbers - frequencies, functions or wave patterns, etc instead of dials, keyboard and a bunch of extra junk.





The thing is, I've never programmed a SB-compatible device, or any sound device actually. I've programmed CPU's and other devices but SB looks like a real ***** to work with at machine level.





I guess what I really need is some source for a software tone generator. I've seen programs that do some of what I'd like to do, but there's no source available for them. Or maybe someone can recommend a good C++ API that would provide the code I need?





Advice, links are greatly appreciated

Anyone have sound %26amp; music programming advice for a beginner?
Traktor DJ Studio 3.1.1.053


http://www.oxyshare.com/get/3750433244ea...


You can try this
Reply:I don't know this software well but I imagine it has a tone generator - Max MSP


No comments:

Post a Comment