Sunday, July 12, 2009

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the api, not hibernation problem?

this message comes up in an never ending loop, I've read the other post here but it does not solve my problem,





I belive I got this message when i had used up all my space in my C drive ( which was the drive where windows was installed on) .,, any help?





Note that I can't log in to windows to delete the files, and Safe work doesn't work, just freezes and shutsdown my computer.

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the api, not hibernation problem?
There's a boot mode called Recovery Console that gives you limited file access without bringing up Windows. Note that this is NOT System Recovery, although access to it may go down part of the same path.





As with anything in this area, proceed with caution.





An alternative, brute-forceish as it may be, would be to take the drive out of the machine and put it on another XP machine as a slave drive. Slave drives don't have to run any software to be accessed, so bootup won't get in the way. This requires cracking open two machines, but it's your best bet.





In this case, be DOUBLY careful, or you may lose a friend.





Good luck.
Reply:Do you get an error message other than the "insufficient resources" message?


The reason I ask is that I know of cases where the Sasser worm infects the lsass.exe file which affects logon,but it that case you would get a System Error Lsass.exe line at the beginning of the message.To fix that you would have to run a boot scan using something like Norton A/V.If that's not your problem then I can only suggest looking at power supply,or ram.and failing that remove the hard drive and connect it as a slave to another,working machine ,back up your files and reinstall Windows.


If you have the Windows disk you could also try repairing the existing installation.(Put the disk in the drive,run set up and press R at the first screen after set up completes)


Good Luck Anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment