Sunday, July 12, 2009

Looking For Programming Specific VB and C# .NET Books?

I have not written any software for a few years. Last time I built any applications was in Visual Basic 6.0 and C++ 6.0. I was Senior level Visual Basic developer and not to strong in C++. Of course, Microsoft came out with the .NET Framework and I need to become aquainted with that I would like to have a book that has lots of examples and talk about the .NET classes using Visual Basic so I can get a good feel for the environment. If there is a book that can explain most of the classes and their functions, everything from working with data types, database programming, forms and controls, and even api's in windows. I would really appreciate it. Then I also want a book that can get me started in C# once I have read the other book. A friend of mine gave me his MCAD/MCSD book building web applications in c#. This isnt what I wanted. Anything that has ADO and ASP .Net would also be a plus.





I really need to crunch and get back in the game. Your help is very much appreciated.





Jason

Looking For Programming Specific VB and C# .NET Books?
For C# I recommend: A Programmer's Introduction to C# 2.0 by Gunnerson and Wienholt.


It's excellent for someone who has a background in programming and just wants to get "upgraded".


For Visual Basic I can't really give any recommendations, because I don't use it. But the Apress (www.apress.com) books are generally very well done and well-regarded in the community. They have good books on using both VB and C# in ASP.net (Pro ASP.NET with C#/VB are especially good.).
Reply:I would recommend going to the library. They usually have have lots of books on programming.


No comments:

Post a Comment